BA 100 Peer Mentors
What is BA 100?
Business Administration 100 is a one credit hour course designed to help first-year business students gain knowledge and experiences that will easethe transition to The University of Tennessee, to facilitate integration into the university and the College of Business Administration communities, to provide the opportunity to explore academic and career options, and to develop strategies for success in college and in life beyond college.
Role of a Peer Mentor
- Assist instructors in a section of Business Administration 100 for the fall term and serve as a role model, peer advisor, and contact person for BA 100 students.
- Work cooperatively with other peer mentors and your instructor.
- Demonstrate mature, responsible decision making.
- Serve as a resource on campus services and activities.
- Facilitate the integration of first-year students into the university and College of Business Administration communities.
Students who are selected as BA 100 Peer Mentors will have the opportunity to apply for an expanded leadership role - working as a Peer Mentor with the Venture Living Learning Community.
BA 100 Peer Mentors will receive two credit hours for their service: one for completing Peer Mentor training (Business Administration 401) during the second session of spring 2013, and one for serving as a Peer Mentor (Business Administration 402) during fall 2013.
Participants will also gain valuable leadership experience by working cooperatively with an instructor; by developing and enhancing communication skills; and by serving first-year students as they transition to the university.
How To Apply
Successful applicants must have a cumulative UT GPA of at least 3.0, be a major in the College of Business Administration, and have a clear judicial record.
The application period for the 2013 Peer Mentor Program is now closed.
For questions about the program, please contact: