- If you have never attended UT before, you must attend orientation prior to registering for classes.
- Students wishing to pursue a business major will be advised at orientation for the first semester.
- Students pursuing business majors or already in business majors must be advised every semester.
- Students with transfer courses that are not evaluated as direct equivalents may still receive lower-division (LD) or upper-division (UD) credit. This LD or UD credit might be petitioned for specific requirements if a syllabus is supplied and subsequently approved. This process takes time, and students should not expect an immediate decision.
Internal and External Transfer Admission Policy
Students who are not admitted directly to the College of Business Administration or who are transferring from other educational institutions can apply for admission after completion of the tracking courses. Internal and external transfer students will be categorized as business exploratory majors until such time that they complete their requirements for admission. Students seeking transfer admission must complete all tracking courses (see list below) with a grade of C or better prior to the completion of 75 hours. Selection is highly competitive and based on academic achievement, commitment to pursuing a business discipline, and departmental capacity.
- Math 123-125 or 141-142 (6 or 8 hours)
- Oral Communication (3 hours from Communication Studies 210 or 240)
- Written Communication (3 hours from English 255 or 295)
- Accounting 200 (3 hours)
- Economics 201 (4 hours)
- Management 201 (3 hours)
- Statistics 201 (3 hours)
College of Business Administration
The University of Tennessee
342 Haslam Business Building
Knoxville, TN 37996
Phone: (865) 974-5096
Fax: (865) 974-6106