When it comes to Business Analytics all roads lead to Knoxville
In December 2011, we graduated our first class of Business Analytics Master's students. This addition of a Business Analytics graduate program set in motion many other changes that have led to East Tennessee becoming the "Silicon Valley" for Business Analytics.
A major component of this shift is the development of the Cherokee Farms Innovation Campus. Cherokee Farms in an unparalleled combination of research capabilities located in a vibrant urban core. The 188-acre Innovation Campus on the banks of the Tennessee River is master planned with 16 research-oriented building sites that support approximately 1.6 million square feet of development.
Dr. Zaretzki has led the efforts in our department to help build a "Silicon Valley" of Business Analytics in Tennessee. This summer we have welcomed three new Business Analytics startups to the Knoxville area as well as a satellite office of a well know national firm.
The area offers many attractions for these firms including:
- A rich supply of our talented graduates in a field experiencing a nationwide talent shortage.
- Executive education programs for managers wishing to develop their ability to use business analytics strategically.
- Opportunities to stay current through our annual conference, weekly seminars and our semi-annual Business Analytics Forum in which business partners come together to share best practices in business analytics.
- Opportunities to work with faculty and students on research directed at developing business analytics tools to solve challenging and important business problems.
- World class technical facilities. Space is currently available in the Innovation Center located on the Agriculture Campus and will soon be available at Cherokee Farm.
- Access to the leading supercomputing facility in the world and leading experts to help solve large scale problems.
- The combined experience of the College of Business, College of Engineering, and Oak Ridge National labs in developing cutting edge analytical processes in your firm.