Dr. Mary Sue Younger
- I joined the Statistics Department at UTK in September, 1974. Prior to that, I taught Business Statistics at Virginia Tech.
- I have conducted short courses for the UT Evening School, the U.S. department of Labor, Pellissippi State Technical Community College, and Saturn Corp.
- Consulting experience includes the U.S. Department of Labor, Saturn Corp., St. Mary's Hospital, and the Electricity Consumers' Council. In addition, I have served as an Expert Witness in several legal cases.
- Applied Statistics
- Assisting faculty and graduate students with the statistical aspects of their research
- I chair the Executive Committee of the Intercollegiate Graduate Statistics Program.
- Teaching via the Internet and using the Internet to enhance course offerings. I was awarded the Innovations in Teaching Award by the College of Business Administration in April, 2000.
- Ph.D. in Statistics, 1972 Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- M.S. in Statistics, 1969 Virginia Polytechnic Institute
- B.A. in Mathematics Hollins College
916 Volunteer Blvd.
Knoxville, TN 37996
Office: (865) 974-1638
Fax: (865) 974-2490