Prospective Student Home
Welcome Future Managers and Executives
The Management Department strives to provide high-quality education in the management discipline from the undergraduate to the doctoral level through a creative balance of academic, professional, and extracurricular programs. The Department works to foster and maintain mutually beneficial partnerships with: alumni; friends; industry; and local, state, and federal governments through public service assistance and collaborative research. The Department works to foster these relationships while working be a major contributor to the nation's knowledge base through scholarship and research on general management and leadership.
Why Be a Management Major?
This major will open the doors to many interesting and challenging career paths.
Examples of these paths include:
- Running the family business
- Starting your own business
- Contributing to the active management of a small business
- Entry to Corporate Management Training Programs
- Project and Program Management roles
- Brand Management or Product Management (a Marketing Collateral might prove helpful)
- Operations Management (OMS collateral recommended)
- Technical Management (electives in science or engineering helpful)
- Non-profit or community service leadership roles
- Pastoral or ministerial work (specialized advanced training may be needed)
- Elementary, middle, or primary school teaching (with appropriate advanced training)
- Military Service
- Peace Corps and similar service activities
We hope that you find everything you need in the light blue links to the left. Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions or comments.
The Department of Management
408 Stokely Management Center
Knoxville, TN 37996-0545