Dr. Michael J. Stahl
Director, Physician Executive MBA Program, and William B. Stokely Professor of Business
609 Stokely Mgt. Center.
Phone (865) 974-1768
I have received degrees from the following institutions
- Ph.D., Management, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 1975.
- M.S., Systems Management, Air Force Institute of Technology, 1970.
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, State University of NY at Buffalo, 1969.
I was recognized as one of Training & Development’s New Guard in 2002 for innovations in distance learning, and as the "Tennessee Communicator of the Year for 2007" by the Tennessee Communication Association.
Overview of Work Experience
- Director, Physician Executive MBA Program, and William B. Stokely Professor of Business, College of Business,UT(1998-present).
- Associate Dean, College of Business, UT (1989-1997).
- Head, Department of Management, Clemson University (1982-1989).
- Professor of Management, Clemson (1982-1989). Associate Professor (1980-1982).
- Interim Head, Department of Marketing, Clemson University (1987-1988).
- Associate Professor of Management, Air Force Institute of Technology (1979-1980).
- Assistant Professor (1976-1978).
- Program Manager, Fleet Satellite Communications System Space and Missile Systems Organization, Los Angeles (1971-1973).
Overview of Board Experience
- Board Member, St. Joseph’s Health Care System, Lexington, KY. Member, Strategic Planning Committee and Finance Committees. 2008-present.
- Board Member, Catholic Charities, East Tennessee, Chair, Program Planning Committee. 2000-2007.
- Development Committee Chair, Executive Committee Member, Board of Directors, Florence Crittenton Agency, a Knoxville Not For Profit agency for young women in crisis, 1997-2000.
Swimming, walking, gardening, traveling, investing, teaching marriage preparation.
The Department of Management
408 Stokely Management Center
Knoxville, TN 37996-0545