Undergraduate Management Major
Management Major Courses
Students who choose the “Management” major will take the following five courses:
- MGT 331 Leadership Skills: Focuses on developing leadership skills. Provides students with self-assessment, developmental exercises, and case studies to prepare them for leadership roles.
- HRM 360 Managing Human Resources: Theory, methods, and issues used to manage human resources in contemporary organizations. Overview of how organizations attract, motivate, develop, and retain employees, and how they interact with organizations representing employees. Designed to provide students with an opportunity to understand the functional areas of human resource management and the integration of these functions into an effective and efficient human resource management system.
- MGT 336 Foundations of Organizational Behavior: Survey of behavioral processes in organizations – perception, motivation, power and influence. Behavioral consequences – group behavior, teamwork, politics, conflict, culture, change, and development.
- MGT 430 Negotiation Skills: Study of framework for effective negotiation. Practice in specific individual and group negotiation processes and techniques.
- MGT 435 Solving Complex Business Problems: Study of frameworks for making effective decisions with linkage to examples of successful and unsuccessful strategic decision making processes. Emphasis on developing decision making skills related to strategic issues facing a firm.
The Department of Management
408 Stokely Management Center
Knoxville, TN 37996-0545