Undergraduate Student Home Page
Welcome Current Students
The Management Department Undergraduate Program is a great start for a career in Business and Management. With programs in Enterprise Management, Undergraduate Students will gain the valuable skills that they need to be successful in the business world. You will find links to program descriptions below, and as always, please Contact Us if you have any questions.
Undergraduate Quick Links
- Management Major Course Description
- Human Resource Management Major
- Entrepreneurship Collateral
- Other Collateral Tracks
Undergraduate Major Chart
What can I do with a Management Major?
This major will open the doors to many interesting and challenging career paths.
Examples of these paths include:
- Running the family business
- Starting your own business
- Contributing to the active management of a small business
- Entry to Corporate Management Training Programs
- Project and Program Management roles
- Brand Management or Product Management (a Marketing Collateral might prove helpful)
- Operations Management (OMS collateral recommended)
- Technical Management (electives in science or engineering helpful)
- Non-profit or community service leadership roles
- Pastoral or ministerial work (specialized advanced training may be needed)
- Elementary, middle, or primary school teaching (with appropriate advanced training)
- Military Service
- Peace Corps and similar service activities
Meet Courtney Bowditch, HRM Student
Courtney Bowditch is a senior in HRM for 2013-14. Courtney became involved in SHRM her junior year and was elected President of SHRM For the upcoming school year. Courtney traveled to National SHRM and met and trained with the National Staff. Courtney has completed two internships at ORNL and Mastercraft. She looks forward to making the SHRM chapter outstanding again for the 3rd year. Courtney was awarded the Volunteer Scholarship, the HOPE and the ETCBA Scholarship.
The Department of Management
408 Stokely Management Center
Knoxville, TN 37996-0545