Global Business Institute
The Global Business Institute was established to help internationalize the College of Business Administration at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. It serves as a vital resource for faculty, students, business, government, and community leaders.
The Global Business Institute works hard to establish a culture within the College of Business Administration that is consistent with the values in the strategic plan of both the college and the university. We seek to have an impact on the college by helping achieve its innovative initiatives to internationalize the curriculum, student life and learning, faculty teaching, research, and collaboration. We believe that in the long run, the reputation of the college will be assessed in a large measure by how well we prepare our students, the future business leaders of Tennessee and the world for the global economy.
We do this by:
- Creating a focus on global business and international entrepreneurialism in the College of Business Administration, including efforts to internationalize the curriculum
- Developing outreach activities for the business community through the Global Business Center in cooperation with our partners in this venture: the International Trade Center (TSBDC), U.S. Export Assistance Office, U.S. Commercial Service, and U.S. Department of Commerce
- Inspiring and assisting faculty to develop international study, research, teaching, and cultural exchange programs
- Identifying and pursuing funding opportunities international initiatives
- Identifying international work and internship opportunities for students
The Global Business Institute
328 Haslam Business Building
Knoxville, TN 37996