Current UT International Students
Current UT Students Who Need To Obtain A New I-20
Current UT University students may need to obtain a new I-20 for a variety of reasons. You may need a new I-20 due to:
- Dependents who need an I-20 to enter the United States to join you
- Change in major
- Change in degree including level
- Lost previously issued I-20
- Traveling outside the U.S. for 5 months or more
- Previous I-20 is expiring
If any of these circumstances apply to you, you should go to the CIE with new documentation showing your financial support, evidence that you have maintained your status, and complete a request for a new I-20.
If you have any questions regarding any of this information, please contact the UT Center for International Education.