Generally, payment for goods and services cannot be made until after the goods or services are provided. However, payment or partial payment can be made before goods or services are received for the following:
- Orders to the U.S. Government printing office
- U.S. Government agency for VISA processing fees (H1B Status Payments)
- Purchases of postage
- Subscriptions to trade magazines and periodicals
- Purchases of items from vendors requiring that payment accompany the order
- Advance payments to vendors which results in a significant savings to the university
Please note a purchase order is required for any items with a cost of $5,000 or more.
If possible, Special Remittance should only be used if vendor is not able to invoice, will not accept procurement cards, or is firm on obtaining payment in advance.
If this type of payment is required, please complete a Special Remittance Form (T-29) and submit to FIO for processing. If the vendor requires any documentation to accompany the check, it should also be attached to the T-29.
For more information about Special Remittances, please visit the UT Policy & Procedures Web Page.
|Return to Top|